Polish Film Institute launches a call for entries within the new Operational Program “Polish-Ukrainian film initiatives”. The aim of the new OP – announced by the Director of the PFI – is to support activities carried out jointly by Polish and Ukrainian producers and filmmakers or on Polish-Ukrainian themes. It’s another aid granted by the PFI to Ukraine after the Russian aggression on this country on 24 February.
There will be four priorities under the new OP:
Priority I: Development and production of documentary films
Priority II: Development and production of animated films
Priority III: Development of scripts
Priority IV: Festivals and film initiatives
The detailed provisions can be found in the Operational Programmes of the PFI for 2022.
The main objectives of the new OP of PFI are:
Operational Programme VI: Polish-Ukrainian film initiatives, referred to as “PO Polish-Ukrainian film initiatives” for 2022, is a programme with an allocation of up to 10 million PLN. It aims to support activities carried out jointly by Polish and Ukrainian producers and filmmakers or on Polish-Ukrainian themes, in particular:
- creating conditions for Ukrainian citizens to continue their creative work in the field of cinematography;
- inspiring Polish and Ukrainian citizens to cooperate in the creation of film projects;
- Dissemination and popularization of film art;
- promoting Polish and Ukrainian films and the achievements of Polish and Ukrainian filmmakers;
- supporting projects aimed at increasing and developing the audience through improved access to film works, organization of local, national and international film festivals
- supporting activities aimed at creating conditions for universal access to the achievements of Polish, European and world film art;
- promoting films of particular artistic merit;
- creating conditions for the development of film co-productions.