Development Grants by Göteborg Film Fund are available for Ukrainian filmmakers working within Ukraine. The announcement has been made on the Göteborg Film Festival site. The call for projects (feature length fiction or documentary films only) is open until the 15th of September 2022 @ 24h00 CET.
Following guidelines are to be considered for the submissions:
- Eligible feature length fiction projects must be in a phase where a treatment, as well as a first draft of a script is available. For documentaries an explanation of the idea and the description of main characters and the planned procedure will serve as a ”script”.
- The application is done by the main producer or the director. The project has to have a director attached to it.
- The main focus of the selection committee is the artistic quality of the project and the strength of the story. Attention is also given to projects with particular cultural and political relevance, as well as the situation of the filmmakers.
- The maximum grant is about €7000. Five-six (5-6) projects will be granted.
- The grants will be transferred as soon as a contract is signed.
- When a supported film is finalised, Göteborg Film Festival will have the rights to screen its World, European or Scandinavian premiere at Göteborg Film Festival, with no screening fees charged.